Thursday, September 11, 2014
Yes, I know. Most people either skim read my blog or move over it completely. However, I figure that's okay. I basically started this blog to write what I was passionate about and who knows, it might touch someone's life.
This post doesn't have a particular theme, but just some things I've been mulling over lately.
1.What is it like to have true and honest love?
The answer to that seems simple, but it is harder to act out in our daily lives than we realize. To me, true love is caring deeply for someone and always being there for them when they need you, even if they've wronged you or you just don't like them at that moment. True love is waking up every morning with a selflessness that you don't have to try it, it just comes to you as easy as breathing in air. True love is wanting to risk everything and sacrifice all because of your love for that person(people). But most of all, true love was manifested when God sent His only Son to die for you and I on the cross. This is a sentence we've all probably heard more than once so let's put an example to it. Now, I don't have any children of my own, but I one day hope to have many. So for my example. Imagine with me a hospital room, your first child is about to arrive and all you feel are acclimating rushes of conflicting emotions ranging from fear, pain, love, confusion, courage, and doubt...you know what you must do when the baby is born, but this is your only child and most likely your last....you finally experience a final emotion that points you in the right direction...sacrifice. A sacrifice that would save an entire world from destruction and eternal death. You give up your child...only because of one emotion. Love. The truest most holy of all love. That is what God did for you by sending His Son to be the sacrifice to save the entirety of the world.
2. What does it mean to be wholly selfless?
Selfless defined means, 'concerned more with the needs and wishes of others than with one's own; unselfish.' This got me thinking...well, more deeply...my brain never stops. :) How can I be so concerned with other's needs if I am so full of myself? Solution, completely empty myself of myself. Only then can I be selfless and concerning of others needs and wants. Of course none of this can happen without the Holy Spirit indwelling us and making us have a selfless spirit. I don't know about you, but I fail at this every single day. I have to consciously think about putting others before myself, but this cannot happen until I put God first in my life.
3. God really does send people in our path to help, encourage, and define us. I recently graduated from Nursing Assistant school(which I never thought I would), and I have been looking for a job. Which in today's economy is a easy thing to do, but hard thing to find. After about a month of searching I went to a friend's volleyball game and got to talk to one of my former coaches. She told me that her husband worked as a RN at the hospital I was vying to work at. And I basically was able to talk with him and I landed an interview. (so excited!) The same night the Lord dropped in my lap a part time evening job for my mom, who took the class with me. God's blessings are never ending! We just have to find them in the little(and big) things in our lives. Praise God for the people he places in our lives! :)
Those are just THREE things I've been mulling over. Out of to many to write down right now. :) Remember, God is faithful even when we are faithless. :)
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Well, alas. The time has come. The time for me to have another birthday and become another year older. Granted, 20 is not old, I know this. Birthday's have always been a time of reflection for me, a time for me to look back on my life at what I've accomplished(or lack thereof) and to see what I need to improve on. God has really been teaching me a lot in one year.
To name a few:
1. Good things do really happen.
2. Trials are for a reason(even if you don't know what that is yet).
3. Patience, patience, patience(I'm still learning).
4. What true love really is, and how its manifested.
5. My family will love me no matter what mistakes I make.
6. I fail...constantly.
7. I will continue to fail because I'm HUMAN.
8. I'm not perfect.
9. I'm loved immensely.
10. God will NEVER give up on me.
So, my year has been amazing, trying, hard, fun, amazing, learning, and life-changing. I wouldn't change a thing, I learn from mistakes and look forward to the future. :)
Until next time!
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Wow! Can't believe it! Am I actually posting something? :O It's been since 2012?! I can hardly believe it. So much has happened since then and I can truly say the Lord has blessed me beyond compare. Where to start! Big events...I transferred to a conservative Christian college and I am having a wonderful experience. I am being courted by the most wonderful guy out there. :) I could write about that forever! However, I will not. I would actually like to start doing a book review, and go chapter by chapter. In my seminar class here at school we've had to go through this book and for assignments we would post on discussions with our classmates. It's really been an eye-opening book that I would recommend for anyone. The name is 'Crazy Busy' by Kevin DeYoung. In short this book has helped me to embrace the busyness and not hide behind it. To stop and enjoy God's creation, and to count my blessings and be thankful. I hope ya'll stay tuned! As an FYI, since I am in college, it is Crazy Busy here, so if I don't post for a while I am alive. I'm just slowly dying under homework. ;)